ANNOUNCEMENTS – FRIDAY, MAY 19, 2017
1. College or military visits this year:
2. Upcoming club meetings:
3. The Cougar Bookstore at the HS now has Game Day Pride Packs (Boom Sticks, Paw Eye Blacks, and Cougar Necklace) for $4.00, Paw Bandana’s in Blue and Orange for $3.50, and Cougar Paw Lanyards for $3. If interested, please contact Mr. Gray in the Media Center at 522-6282, Extension 313.
4. Afternoon Area 30 students need to remain in the cafeteria upon your return to NPHS. If you are caught going down the hallways, you will receive a detention.
5. SENIORS: As a reminder, all fees (including text book rentals, cafeteria, media center, and sitting fees) MUST BE PAID prior to graduation.
6. The HS Bookstore (which is located in the Media Center) now sells ear buds for $1.50. Stop in and see all the apparel and school supplies we offer.
7. Juniors: There is one SAT test left for this school year – June 3. Please see Mrs. Alspaugh if you need help signing up! These should be taken before the end of the year so you are ready to apply to college in the fall.
8. Backpacks are NOT to be worn/carried during the school day. They are to remain in your lockers. If Mr. Yowell sees a backpack during the day, you will receive an automatic detention.
9. Indiana Online Academy summer school registration is now open and will end June 1st. If you are planning on taking an online class this summer, please register at indianaonlineacademy.org Classes are $50 per semester with a maximum of 2 semesters per summer. Please see your counselor if you have questions.
10. 2017 Spring Semester Final Assessment Schedule:
Tuesday, 5/23 – Final Assessment – Period 3 & 7
Wednesday, 5/24 – Final Assessment – Period 1, 4 & 5
11. Attn: 17-18 year-old students interested in a construction job. Starting pay at $13/hour. Experience preferred, but not necessary. Transportation a must. For information, contact Tony Fish at 765-366-4832.
12. The North Putnam FFA Greenhouse Plant Sale runs through May 25th from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. during the week and on Saturday’s from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. The Greenhouse is located by the football field in the back of the HS. For a detailed plant availability list, call or e-mail Kate Skirvin at 765-522-6282, extension 340 or e-mail at email@example.com
Information may also be found on the North Putnam FFA FB page.
13. Locker clean-out will be on Tuesday, 5/23, during period 4.
14. The North Putnam High School All-School Academic Awards Program on Monday, 5/22, at 1:00 p.m. in the HS Gymnasium. All are welcome who care about our students.
15. Seniors: Baccalaureate will be Sunday, 5/21 at 7:00 p.m. at the Roachdale Christian Church.
This is an optional event, but if you attend, please bring your cap & gown.
16. Any current sophomore or junior whose family owns property at Heritage Lake may be eligible for the Heritage Lake Scholarship your senior year. See Mrs. Alspaugh for the scholarship instructions.
17. Anyone interested in playing football in the fall is expected to be on the varsity game field at 6:30 p.m. TONIGHT, Friday, 5/19. Bring cleats – we will be doing football related drills. All football players should be there.
18. All Key Club members should remain in the gym after school following the All-School Academic Awards program on May 22nd for the presentation of Key Club service awards.
19. Final orders for the 2017 yearbook will be this Friday, 5/19. If you want one at the $50 price, see Mrs. Fields in Room 203 to pay and order by this Friday.
20. Casey’s in Bainbridge is hiring. Must be 18. Apply online at Casey’s.com
21. Reminder to seniors if they wish to participate in the Senior Walk – Class of 2017, their permission slips are due TODAY, Friday, 5/19, to the main office.
22. Congratulations to Emily Gasho – she was the Sectional champion for discus and will advance to regionals !!
23. Congratulations to Chloe LaPierre, she pitched a no hitter in a 13-0 win last night against North Montgomery.
24. Congratulations to the boys 4 x 100m team of Gage Bell, Jordan Bean, Ethan Christy and Chris Murray, they finished 2nd in the Sectional last night and advance to Regionals.
25. Congratulations to the boys 4 x 800m team of James Duncan, Jacob Scott, Zach Culberson and Caleb Duncan, they finished 4th in the Sectional last night and advance to Regionals.
26. Any student who wants to read electronic books over the summer, stop in the Media Center and see Mr. Gray. We currently have 140 ebooks available to read via your phone, tablet or computer.
OPPORTUNITIES – CHECK IN GUIDANCE OFFICE
1. Lincoln Trail College in eastern Illinois is giving away 2 one-year tuition scholarships. Go to this link to apply: http://iecc.us12.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=780e12d22dc0e7d18151b8c0b&id=703f6716c1
2. "Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship. This is a $1,000 scholarship that will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit this link http://www.onlinembareport.com/ and find the scholarship located at the right side of the page and click on it.
3. North Putnam Dollars for Scholars- multiple scholarships available to Seniors. Apply online to be matched to many other scholarship opportunities in addition to the NP Dollars for Scholars. Many colleges and universities will match Dollars for Scholars scholarships as well.
4. Horatio Alger National Career and Technical Scholarship for up to $2500- students must be enrolled in a career or technical degree/certificate program in the Fall of 2017 and demonstrate financial need. Apply online at application.horatioalger.org Due June 15